Te Maiki Villa 6
Central Russell, Bay of Islands
Stunning Views | Close to Village | Couples Retreat
With a 'front row, dress circle' location on the hill overlooking the Historic village of Russell Villa 6 is the perfect destination for your holiday.
Sit back on the deck and enjoy the ever changing panorama or take a short stroll and explore the charm and history of Russell, Kororareka.
Great decks and indoor outdoor living, that just cries out for the Barbeque to be used and the sunsets enjoyed over a glass of wine.
Main entry level includes kitchen, dining and lounge in open plan design, plus 1 twin bedroom and 1 double with french doors opening onto the side deck. Includes the bathroom on this level also.
The mezzanine floor accommodates the 3rd double bedroom. Parking for 1 car only - not suitable for boat parking.
Panoramic views over Russell village to Paihia yet still an easy walk to shops, restaurants and the wharf. Gas barbeque for those steaks or the fish you caught from either the charter boat or off the rocks at Tapeka.
Bathroom upgraded just this year and whilst compact is well appointed. Under cover parking right outside entrance.
Only two minutes by car or a ten minute walk to our best swimming beach. The villa faces west so you get to see our fantastic sunsets. Ideal for a couple or two couples.
Take a swim at Long Beach or enjoy a coffee and the water front atmosphere in the village and maybe take in a Bay of Islands water excursion or catch a fish.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: The villa is not suitable to small children due to the open nature of the hand rail on the exterior deck and is not suitable for boat parking.
For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
1 x Queen room
1 x Twin room
1 x Queen on mezzanine
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||20 December||9 January||300.00|
|High||10 January||28 February||300.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||250.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||200.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||19 December||250.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to 6 persons maximum.
Minimum Stay Period: Christmas/New Year 20 Dec – 9 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season - 2 or 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
BYO - bring your own, towels, sheets, beach towels
Optional extras: Linen and towel hire $35.00 per person, per week or part there-of - This covers bedding, pre-making of beds prior to arrival, towels, bath mats, tea towels, soap, detergents, and some basic provisions.
- BYO linen/towels
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric Blankets
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and hobs
- External clothes line
- Hair dryer
- Hire Linen/Towels are charged at a cost of $30.00 per person per stay
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large deck areas
- Linen/Towels not supplied
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- NOT Suitable for Boat Parking
- Outside furniture
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air Channels
- Walking distance to local restaurants
- Washing machine
- Washing machine, dryer
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
There are currently no reviews.