Long Beach, Bay of Islands
Beachfront Relaxation | Waterfront Location | Family Holiday Fun
Clearwater is admired by many for both the position and fabulous art deco design, this delightful family holiday home offers comfort, location and style.
The family have chosen to leave the fine old lady in more or less her original condition, only adding aluminium windows and doors, drapes and whiteware.
The house is full of character and quirky characteristics of the art deco period. All rooms in the house have a view of the sea, just walk across the lawn and you are on the beach, great swimming, walking and fishing off the rocks.
Of course just sitting on the front terrace watching the dolphins and an occasional visit from the whales is a perfect pastime at this lovely holiday home. This is also a great home from which to explore Russell and the wider Bay of Islands with plenty of land or sea activities for everyone, there is also plenty of room to park cars and boats.
For those lucky enough to have the skills, there is even a piano in the lounge for you to gather round and sing the night away. For cooler days and nights there is an open fire and firewood to further enhance the ambiance of yesteryear.
The house has an undercover area out back for BBQ and eating when getting out of the sun is a necessity. Long Beach is a 7 minute walk into the village of Russell for dinner at one of the 6 restaurants, or enjoy a drink while watching the sun set from the Duke of Marlborough veranda, holder of the first hotel license in NZ.
Along from this is the Russell Wharf, a jumping off point for various boating activities be it fishing, Dolphin watching, sailing or just a sightseeing trip around the Islands.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
1 queen and 3 singles (1 bunk set)
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||20 December||9 January||350.00|
|High||10 January||28 February||275.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||230.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||180.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||19 December||230.00|
Quoted nightly tariff per night is for up to 5 persons
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 20 Dec – 9 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season - 2 or 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
BYO - bring your own, towels, sheets, beach towels
Optional extras: Linen Hire $35.00 per person, per week or part there-of - This covers bedding, pre-making of beds prior to arrival, towels, bath mats, tea towels, soap, detergents, and some basic provisions.
- Boat parking
- BYO linen/towels
- Cellphone Coverage
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven
- External clothes line
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- Hire Linen/Towels are charged at a cost of $30.00 per person per stay
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Linen/Towels not supplied
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- Mobile phone coverage
- Open Fire Place - wood supplied
- Outside furniture
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air Channels
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine and airing rack
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
Lesley and Barry were wonderful to deal with. We had a great time and really enjoyed the Bach. We could only hope to get back to Russell again. What an amazing spot and great people! Thanks Leslie and Barry! Perfect beach location for family with children! Loved the town, fishing and pretty much everything about it! Funky 1950's bach which gave the trip even more character.
K.Trufant - Feb, 2016