La Maison du Nautica
Matauwhi Bay, Bay of Islands
Excellent Views | Modern Decore | Superior Holiday Home
La Maison has a large open plan living area, which comprises of the kitchen, dining and lounge area, which flows out onto the expansive deck.
Beautifully furnished with comfortable modern furniture.
Sleeping up to 6, the house comprises 3 bedrooms (2 with super-king size beds and 1 with twin singles – can be made into a super-king-size bed as well), 1 en-suite and 1 full bathroom, with a bath for those very special relaxing evenings.
For those cooler months there is a wood burner fire place, (wood supplied) in the lounge, a 42” LCD TV, WIFI, library of DVD’s and iPhone dock, My Sky TV includes all local NZ channels, plus news, documentaries, lifestyle, sports and movies etc.
The is an outdoor barbeque for guest use, along with an outdoor dining setting, to while away the hours watching the bay…
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
3 super-king beds (can be split into singles if required)
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||20 December||9 January||395.00|
|High||10 January||28 February||350.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||300.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||200.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||19 December||300.00|
Quoted nightly tariff per night is for up to 6 persons
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 20 Dec – 9 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season - 2 or 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
BYO - bring your own, towels, sheets, beach towels
Optional extras: Linen Hire $35.00 per person, per week or part there-of - This covers bedding, pre-making of beds prior to arrival, towels, bath mats, tea towels, soap, detergents, and some basic provisions.
- Breville Expresso/Capuchino machine
- BYO linen/towels
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- DVD Library
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and gas hobs
- Hair dryer
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- Hire Linen/Towels are charged at a cost of $30.00 per person per stay
- IPod docking station
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large deck areas
- Linen/Towels not supplied
- Log burner fireplace
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- NOT Suitable for Boat Parking
- Open Fire Place - wood supplied
- Outside furniture
- Outside lighting
- Quality duvets/Pillows supplied
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air & 1 Sport & 1 Movies
- Stereo with Ipod connection
- Timber deck area
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Walking distance to local restaurants
- Washing machine, dryer
- Wood burner fire
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
We had a great stay, pristine house with lovely kitchen and social area with lovely views over the bay, very close to Russell (10-20mins walk)
K.Lee - Nov, -0001
A wonderful place to stay in Russell, the house was fabulous and the view delicious!
E.Smith - Nov, -0001
Wonderful property in immaculate condition on arrival. Very pleased with the service and communication, very well managed and very helpful with local advise. Wonderfully fitted out in immaculate condition in a great relaxing location with stunning views. Would love to come back and have another thank you for everything. 10 out of 10 all round!!
Davis family - Jan, 2013
Lesley Joy could not have been more helpful and efficent... We really enjoyed our stay at La Maison de Nautica, marvelous views, fantastic house, very clean and well equipped with top of the range appliances - could not have been better.
I. Henegan - Dec, 2012
A gorgeous property that was perfect for my family and I - especially as we spent rather a lot of time in it sheltering from some pretty awful weather! Rooms were well appointed and the kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans and utensils (not something that I would usually need much use for on a weekend away but the storms meant a couple of nights with home cooking and a bottle of wine were by far the best option). Everything was first class and I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Schedwardo - Mar, 2014
Great property, very nicely finished. The view from the lounge and deck is great and there is plenty of space for parking (3 cars). A short drive or OK walk to Long beach for a swim or Russell town for dinner. We really enjoyed our stay in this bach.
Gowenlock - Jan, 2015
Booking process easy to follow and everything went smoothly. Beautiful property with stunning views. Very comfortable and tastefully decorated. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.
P. Lunt - Jan, 2016