Overlooking Long Beach, Bay of Islands
Stunning views | Spa Pool | Family Holiday Home
Situated in a non exit street, overlooking Long Beach and out across the Bay of Islands.
The cottage is almost hidden from the road in established native trees, which add to the privacy. Only when you get inside, or around the front of the house do you then see the wow factor.
The view is just fabulous! Whether it be from inside the house, the top deck which features an outdoor table, a BBQ on the lower deck also having a small table, if you wish a little space to yourself.
The house is all on one level, with the living room, kitchen and dining area are all open plan, all with views across the Bay of Islands.
From the large private deck looking over the bay to the Islands, you may catch a sight of dolphins, occasionally whales, and many boats. Below is Long Beach, a wonderfully safe sandy swimming or walking beach. This home is only 10 minutes walk down into the village for eateries or the Wharf.
Take a boat trip to catch fish, take in some sightseeing or perhaps to visit Paihia for some more shopping. Also this is a great home from which to explore Russell and the wider Bay of Islands with plenty of land or sea activities for everyone.
Simply decorated but has a nice feel, to experience your tranquil break away. Good mobile coverage. 7 minutes walk down to Long Beach for a swim, dig for pipi or collect mussels off the rocks at low tide.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
1 x Queen and 2 x Singles (can be zipped to make a super king bed)
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||20 December||9 January||300.00|
|High||10 January||28 February||250.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||200.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||165.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||19 December||200.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to a maximum of 4 persons at any one time
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 20 Dec – 9 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season - 2 or 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
BYO - bring your own, towels, sheets, beach towels
Optional extras: Linen Hire $35.00 per person, per week or part there-of - This covers bedding, pre-making of beds prior to arrival, towels, bath mats, tea towels, soap, detergents, and some basic provisions.
The charge for the Spa Pool usage is $85.00, this is due to collection from the water tanks, the spa is refilled after each use.
Please note there is a $50.00 booking fee added to all bookings.
- BYO linen/towels
- Cellphone Coverage
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and ceramic hobs
- External clothes line
- Free View TV
- Hair dryer
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- Hire Linen/Towels are charged at a cost of $30.00 per person per stay
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Linen/Towels not supplied
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- Mobile phone coverage
- Outside furniture
- Spa Pool:
- Timber deck area
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine, dryer
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
Great little bach, ideal for a family with 1-2 kids. Had everything we needed, nice view from the deck, spa was awesome - even though weather was hot we still had great use of spa. Only a few minutes walk to beach and 5-10 min walk to shops. Comfy beds and pillows and lovely bush outlook from bedrooms.
Mravicich - Jan, 2015