Casa del Sol
Tapeka Point, Bay of Islands
Family Holiday Home | Close to 2 beaches | Tapeka Point
A true family holiday home with plenty of room for everyone and two beaches just meters away. A great community spirit at Xmas New Year with an annual children sports day.
Also this is a great home from which to explore Russell and the wider Bay of Islands with plenty of land or sea activities for everyone.
Casa del Sol has accommodation for 8 people in 3 bedrooms and the downstairs family room/library. The house has some off street boat parking. Tapeka Point provides an ideal holiday spot.
There is a safe swimming beach and a boat ramp for quick access to good fishing! The cafes, restaurants, shops and galleries of Russell are just a short drive away. Activities and tours can be booked at the Information Centre on Russell Wharf. This is a non-smoking and pet-free house. Great for extended families.
Off street parking for cars and boat. Boat ramp just 150 meters away. Fish filletting sink and bench outside to deal with the days catch TV and DVD player Sky TV (no sport programm) new flat screen upstairs,in case of a wet day and the children need their cartoons.
Good size family laundry. Safe swimming beach with diving platform 150 meters flat walk. Second beach, Rocky Bay, with good rock fishing and pool fossicking. Good walk to Tapeka headland, site of historic Pa site.
Two minutes by car or a ten minute walk to Russell village.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
2 X Queen bedrooms 1 X twin bedroom 1 X single plus trundle bed in downstairs family room
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||20 December||9 January||350.00|
|High||10 January||28 February||250.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||200.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||180.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||19 December||200.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to 6 persons, additional guests are charged $30.00 per person up to a maximum of 8 persons at any one time.
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 20 Dec – 9 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
BYO - bring your own, towels, sheets, beach towels
Optional extras: Linen Hire $35.00 per person, per week or part there-of - This covers bedding, pre-making of beds prior to arrival, towels, bath mats, tea towels, soap, detergents, and some basic provisions.
- Boat parking
- BYO linen/towels
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and hobs
- External clothes line
- Free View TV
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- Hire Linen/Towels are charged at a cost of $30.00 per person per stay
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large deck areas
- Large Terrace Area
- Linen/Towels not supplied
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- Outside lighting
- Rear lawn area
- SKY TV
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine and airing rack
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
Unbelievable! Perfect for families or for just a quiet getaway. Something for everyone, so close to great beaches, perfect for big people fishing and little people swimming. We'll be back.
Jurgensen - Jan, 2015
Great communication and everything in place for when we arrived and also when we checked out. Enjoyed our stay, very spacious and had all the amenities you would want while on holiday. Location fantastic, easy walk to beach and 5 min drive to Russell township. Tapeka is a 'magical place' and we will definitely be back. Thank you for letting us enjoy your holiday home!
D. Moyle - Jan, 2016