Central Russell, Bay of Islands
COVID-19 IMPACTED BOOKINGS: For any bookings unable to proceed due to NZ government imposed COVID-19 domestic travel restrictions, we will be happy to credit the value of your booking to a booking for alternate dates in the same season as your existing booking or refund you in full where that is not possible.
Excellent Views | 150 Meters to Russell Village | Family Holiday Home
Cedar Bay is in the heart of the Russell Village just a hop skip and jump (150 meters) to the local bakery, 4 Square, restaurants, café, museum, waterfront…
The house has fabulous views from all rooms, on the upper level is the open plan living room, kitchen and dining room, the dining room opens onto the outdoor living area where you can entertain family - have a fabulous BBQ and small chiminere for those slightly cooler evenings.
The master bedroom is on the upper level and boasts fabulous views of the harbour - sitting in the kingsize bed with a cup of tea in the morning is just what a summer holiday is all about - you even have your own private en-suite.
On the lower level there are 3 bedrooms with 2 king singles beds (can make up as a oversized king), a queen and a bunk room with 4 beds (2 sets of bunks), the combined laundry and bathroom.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
1 king room
1 queen room
1 twin room (2 king single beds)
1 bunk room (2 bunks)
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||15 December||12 January||399.00|
|High||13 January||28 February||399.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||330.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||220.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||14 December||330.00|
- For your comfort the house is a non-smoking property.
- Bed linens and towels are charged at an additional cost of $40.00 per person, this will mean that the beds are made up and ready for your arrival. **If you wish to bring your own linen and towels please make contact before booking.
- Please note that there is a $250.00 departure cleaning fee that is mandatory, this is to ensure that the house is left clean and tidy for you and incoming guests.
- A booking fee of $75.00.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
All linen and towels are provided - an extra charge applies.
Please note there is a $50.00 booking fee added to all bookings.
- Boat parking
- Central Vacuum
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven
- External clothes line
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large deck areas
- Linen/Towels provided - extra charge
- Outdoor fireplace
- Outside furniture
- Outside lighting
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air Channels
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Walking distance to local restaurants
- Washing machine and airing rack
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
Comfortable house in great location., few minute walk to Delightful Russell. Next to the fire station glad there was no call out!
Maureen - Mar, 2017
Great property and location, lovely views.
Richard - Jan, 2017
Fabulous setup, modern home, stunning harbour views and so close to the heart of Russell.
Melaney - Feb, 2016
Awesome location. Great view, lots of space
Jason - Nov, 2015
Very convenient to shops and beaches, beautiful views
Taba - Mar, 2015
We stayed here with another family. The house was fantastic. As if the views were not enough - it was also very comfortable and has everything you need. The kitchen is well stocked and it makes cooking a breeze. There is also an amazing deck with wonderful views. There is also a BBQ and an outdoor setting so that you can eat outside. The dining room doors fully open out to the deck so there is a lot of room for everyone. I would highly recommend this house and cant wait to go back... Lesley was great to deal with. Lesley was fantastic with getting back to my queries, and making sure that everything was easy for our arrival. The booking and paying process was also a simple process. Lesley also gave us lots of recommendations in relation to all the great local places to go. Thanks for everything Lesley.
Fowler - Jan, 2018
This is a great house for a stay in Russell - elevated enough for views and a breeze - close enough to walk everywhere. Well configured to accommodate different family members in all the bed rooms. We loved it.
Clarke - Jan, 2018
Spectacular views. Cedar Bay was very comfortable for the five of us. Kitchen is well stocked. We enjoyed eating on the deck. Beds and couches are very comfortable. Communication was an immediate response. I would recommend staying at Cedar Lodge. Very nice home with wonderful views. Very comfortable for the five of us.
Miller - Feb, 2108
“Cedar Bay is beautifully designed and an easy stroll to the center of Russell. Our family had a wonderful two weeks here and we enjoyed the views and fully-stocked kitchen with anything a cool would need. Our hosts were flexible with check-in and the house was sparkling clean. Absolutely recommend this home and can’t wait to return again soon!”
Jahn - Mar, 2019
Book this holiday home
Please select some dates, enter your number of guests and click "Check Availability" to see if this property is available to make a booking.