Central Russell, Bay of Islands
COVID-19 IMPACTED BOOKINGS: For any bookings unable to proceed due to NZ government imposed COVID-19 domestic travel restrictions, we will be happy to credit the value of your booking to a booking for alternate dates in the same season as your existing booking or refund you in full where that is not possible.
Extended Family Retreat | Central Russell Location | Family Holiday Home
Escape North is a private 3 level retreat for extended families, in historic Russell close to the boat ramp and the waterfront with a view of the water from the upper-level master suite, located just a short stroll to the Russell anchorage.
Enjoy a 2-minute gentle stroll along the waterfront where you will find our famous restaurants The Duke of Marlborough, Butterfish and The Gables, the wharf shops and cafes.
The house is self-catering with a large farmhouse style and kitchen dining area, full oven, range hood, microwave, fridge freezer, etc, the lounge is large and spacious with access to the covered front deck by french doors, alternatively, you can catch the morning sun on the breakfast deck.
The master bedroom is located on the third tier and has a sitting room and its own en-suite. The middle tier has the main living, kitchen dining, main bathroom and 2 bedrooms.
The lower entry tier has 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. The laundry is located in the garage. Bedding configuration is;
1 King - master bedroom upper level
1 x Super-king (can be split into 2 singles) and 1 king on the middle level
2 x Super-king (can be split into 4 singles) on the ground level
1 x Double on the ground level
2 Single on the ground level
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort, the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorised/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||15 December||12 January||725.00|
|High||13 January||28 February||625.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||525.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||450.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||14 December||525.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to 6 persons, additional guests are charged $50.00 per person up to a maximum of 14 persons at any one time.
- For your comfort the house is a pet free and non-smoking property.
- All linen and towels are provided - an extra charge applies of $40.00 per person. **If you wish to bring your own please make contact prior to booking.
- Please note that there is a $350.00 departure cleaning fee that is mandatory, this is to ensure that the house is left clean and tidy for you and incoming guests.
- A booking fee of $75.00.
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 15 Dec – 12 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
All NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Board games, books
- Boat parking
- Coffee Machine
- Coffee Plunger
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and hobs
- External clothes line
- Food Processor
- Free View TV
- Hair dryer
- Heat Pump
- Heated towel rails
- Highchair & Portacot
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large Terrace Area
- Linen/Towels provided - extra charge
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- Mobile phone coverage
- Outside furniture
- Outside lighting
- Pantry Basics
- Stereo with Ipod connection
- Timber deck area
- Vacuum cleaner
- Walking distance to local restaurants
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wood Burner - Firewood supplied
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
Beautifully presented , Awesome location! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Very well presented house with plenty of room to chill out in the living areas. Set into one of the best locations in Russell - 2 minutes walk from the main shopping area, just down the drive for a swim, and lots of places to walk if the mood is right.
Covich - Dec, 2018
We would highly recommend this beautiful house which was ideal for our large family group. With its lovely open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge opening onto the decking the house was ideal for our get together. It is located a short walk from the amenities that Russell has to offer and you get a stunning view of the sun setting over the bay from the top floor suite. The house managers were very responsive to any contact to arrange access for example. Would love to have stayed longer in this idyllic location.
Vincent - Jan, 2020
Book this holiday home
Please select some dates, enter your number of guests and click "Check Availability" to see if this property is available to make a booking.