Flagstaff Retreat Russell
Central Russell, Bay of Islands
COVID-19 IMPACTED BOOKINGS: For any bookings unable to proceed due to NZ government imposed COVID-19 domestic travel restrictions, we will be happy to credit the value of your booking to a booking for alternate dates in the same season as your existing booking or refund you in full where that is not possible.
Central Russell - Excellent Views
Fully renovated and self contained luxury villa with stunning 180 degree views of the Russell Wharf, township and over to Paihia.
Flagstaff Retreat Russell is one of the best locations in Russell to soak up the delights. The Russell waterfront is a few minutes walk away thereby offering easy access to passenger ferries, historic buildings, shops, safe swimming, cafes, bars, museum, information centre and booking office where arrangement's can be made to enjoy the numerous water and coastal activities the Beautiful Bay of Islands has to offer.
The villa has been built with the purpose of enjoying a casual relaxed and convenient lifestyle. An expansive veranda runs the full length of the upper and lower level of the house, the upstairs balcony has cover for shade protection, and to ensure all weather enjoyment. There is a large courtyard terrace at the back of the villa that enjoys morning sun - an excellent place to have breakfast.
There is a large open plan living, kitchen and dining area that has been equipped and furnished to the highest standards.
A modern kitchen including a freestanding oven with induction hob unit, double door fridge with filtered, chilled water, double drawer dishwasher, full butlers pantry, separate breakfast eating area.
The kitchen comes complete with many cooking utensils so whatever you fancy making will be easy, plus a mix of essential cooking ingredients (seasoning, herbs and spices) and tomato sauce.
The over sized laundry adjacent to the front entrance features a washing machine and dryer.
The upper level sleeps a maximum of 6 persons, there are three large bedrooms, two with en-suite and one adjacent to the twin bedroom.
The lower level villa's apartment, had also been designed with the utmost care and attention to detail while still being able to enjoy privacy and simply stunning views.
There is an open plan living, kitchen and dining area that has been equipped and furnished to the highest standards. There is a full fridge freezer, oven and ceramic hob unit, dishwasher and microwave.
The lower level sleeps a maximum of 2 persons, there is one large bedroom with en-suite.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property. The total property sleeps a maximum of 8 persons at any one time.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
Upper level: 2 x queen beds and 2 singles
Lower Level: 1 queen
FLAGSTAFF RETREAT & APARTMENT UPPER & LOWER LEVELS - 4 BEDROOMS 3 BATHROOMS: Quoted nightly tariff for 8 persons maximum at any one time.
Peak Season: 15 Dec – 28 Feb NZ$1000.00
Shoulder Season: 1 Mar – 30 Apr & 1 Oct – 14 Dec NZ$650.00
Low Season: 1 May – 30 Sep NZ$500.00
- For your comfort the house is a pet free and non-smoking property.
- Quality bedding, linen, towels and pool towels are supplied for guest use.
- Please note that there is a $350.00 departure cleaning fee that is mandatory, this is to ensure that the house is left clean and tidy for you and incoming guests.
- A booking fee of $75.00.
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 15 Dec – 12 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
All NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Boat parking
- Complimentary tea, coffee and sugar
- Crockery and cutlery
- Electric Blankets
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and hobs
- Electric oven and induction hob
- External clothes line
- Free Local telephone calls
- Hair dryer
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- IPod docking station
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large deck areas
- Large Terrace Area
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- Outside furniture
- Outside lighting
- Quality duvets/Pillows supplied
- Quality linen/Towels supplied
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air Channels
- Stereo with Ipod connection
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine
- Washing machine and dryer
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
A beautiful, well-equipped property with stunning views of Russell. Close to town (a few minutes walk), and with comfortable beds. Great if you like cooking: they supply the basics (salt, pepper, olive-oil etc) and the kitchen has plenty of equipment.
Michelle - Feb, 2017
Beautiful house. Perfect location.
Theresa - Dec, 2016
Lesley and her team were a pleasure to deal with, very responsive, helpful and very friendly, a beautiful house, great views, very clean and well appointed. A real joy to visit...
Diehl - Dec, 2017
Book this holiday home
Please select some dates, enter your number of guests and click "Check Availability" to see if this property is available to make a booking.