Te Manaaki Cottage
Central Russell, Bay of Islands
COVID-19 IMPACTED BOOKINGS: For any bookings unable to proceed due to NZ government imposed COVID-19 domestic travel restrictions, we will be happy to credit the value of your booking to a booking for alternate dates in the same season as your existing booking or refund you in full where that is not possible.
Stunning views over Russell village and the Bay. So close to the shops, cafes and beachfront.
The cottage has its own driveway entrance and private garden. It can accommodate two people in a super-king bed which is situated in a bedroom-living area with an associated kitchenette and en-suite.
SKY TV and free WIFI access, and a washing machine and dryer and small 6 place setting bench top dishwasher are available.
The sundeck and BBQ area have superb views over the village and bay making the cottage an ideal quiet place for a holiday, very close to Russell village and the foreshore.
There are facilities for small scale self-catering but for those who prefer to eat out, cafes and restaurants are a short walk away.
The historic Christ Church is nearby making the cottage an ideal accommodation for wedding party members or guests.
For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
1 superking bed
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||15 December||12 January||250.00|
|High||13 January||28 February||250.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||250.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||180.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||14 December||250.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to a maximum of 2 persons at any time.
- For your comfort the house is pet free and is non-smoking property.
- Linen, towels and pool towels are supplied for guest use
- A booking fee of $75.00.Minimum stay:
- Christmas/New Year 20 Dec – 9 Jan minimum 5-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and low season - 2 or 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Coffee Plunger
- Complimentary tea, coffee and sugar
- Crockery and cutlery
- External clothes line
- First Aid Kit
- Hair dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Linen/Towels supplied
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- NOT Suitable for Boat Parking
- Outside lighting
- Quality duvets/Pillows supplied
- Reverse cycle Heat and Air Conditioning pump
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air Channels
- Timber deck area
- Vacuum cleaner
- Walking distance to local restaurants
- Washing machine and dryer
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
BOI were very accommodating from the start and responded quickly to requests both before and during our stay. They were thoughtful about making the space safe for our toddler. The place was light, cosy and clean. There was a great balcony with lovely views to the harbour.
Z. Hawes - Jan, 2016
"Very professional with prompt response." "We really enjoyed our stay here. It is in an excellent location, great view, yet very close to seafront. Very clean property, well furnished and professionally managed. Would definitely return."
J. Greenwood - Feb, 2016
"Lovely bach! Booking was super easy, response was very quick as we decided to book a last minute getaway. Well appointed bach, friendly hosts, wonderful location and views!"
E. Tilley - Feb, 2016
Excellent studio in perfect location. Peaceful yet handy to all amenities. Great view.
Bruce - Dec, 2017
“Perfect place for a couple. Studio unit was spacious enough, between the kitchen and the BBQ outside has everything you need for basic cooking. Beautiful views and a quick walk to town.”
Bronwyn - Nov, -0001
“Russell is an absolute gem and we greatly enjoyed our time here taking in the history and culture and walking the coast. The Treaty Grounds and Museum are a must. The whole experience was enhanced by having such a great place to stay. Spotlessly clean, stunning views and every need catered for, including an amazingly comfortable bed! Lesley was very welcoming and extremely helpful with local tips. Highly recommended.” “Dear Lesley, Thank you for a wonderful stay. We could not have wished for more. We loved everything about Russell and the surrounding areas. The whole experience was enhanced by having such a lovely place to stay with every need catered for. We will certainly recommend you to our friends. Many thanks John and Cathy Teager”
Teager - Dec, 2019
'What a wonderful stay we had! This accomodation is perfect. Very clean and right up the hill from town. You couldn't ask for a better location! We loved everything about this rental. The house is beautiful and everything is so well kept. Just and excellent find!'
Reis - Feb, 2020
This bach is a little gem. Check in and check out was very smooth, the place was clean, the view fantastic and it's only a short walk to the beach front of Russell. Date of arrival - 7 February 2020
Urlich - Feb, 2020
Large studio with separate bathroom. Two decks. Clean. Everything you need. Comfy, airy, great views. Nice lawn. Wekas for neighbours. We loved it. Date of arrival - 10 January 2021
Robert - Jan, 2021
Book this holiday home
Please select some dates, enter your number of guests and click "Check Availability" to see if this property is available to make a booking.