A View Over Russell
Central Russell, Bay of Islands
COVID-19 IMPACTED BOOKINGS: For any bookings unable to proceed due to NZ government imposed COVID-19 domestic travel restrictions, we will be happy to credit the value of your booking to a booking for alternate dates in the same season as your existing booking or refund you in full where that is not possible.
A View Over Russell holiday house is situated in the heart of Romantic Russell, on the hill in the dress circle, overlooking the village and across the Channel to Paihia.
You can sit at home and enjoy it all from your vantage point on the hill, or walk down the zig-zag track into the village below, 3 minutes away for cafes, restaurants, galleries and shopping.
This is also a great home from which to explore Russell and the wider Bay of Islands with plenty of land or sea activities for everyone.
This holiday home has 3 bedrooms in two separate sleeping areas, separated by a large lounge/kitchen/dining area. The master bedroom with recently renovated en-suite bathroom and large dressing room at one end of the house plus a twin room, queen room and laundry at the other. This area also includes a 2nd renovated bathroom.
The central living area and both double bedrooms have stunning views. The combination of a superb location and excellent facilities will ensure that you have the best of everything for your holiday in Russell including the large deck across the front of the house including BBQ and outdoor furniture for al fresco dining with views and sunsets to die for.
Activities and boat trips out on the Bay can be booked at the Information Centre on the Wharf. Parking for two cars or a car and small boat.
5 minutes walk to Catholic/Anglican Church. 20 minutes to Paihia whether you chose to drive on the Okiato Opua ferry or by any of four 'foot ferries' operating from the wharf below. Waitangi visitor centre and golf course just 25 minutes away. 1 Hour from Kerikeri airport and township. Taxi service available from airport to Russell.
For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||15 December||12 January||395.00|
|High||13 January||28 February||350.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||300.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||250.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||14 December||300.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to 4 persons, each additional person will be at $40.00 per person per night, up to a maximum of 6 persons.
- For your comfort the house is a non-smoking property.
- Bed linens and towels are charged at an additional cost of $40.00 per person, this will mean that the beds are made up and ready for your arrival. **If you wish to bring your own linen and towels please make contact before booking.
- Please note that there is a $200.00 departure cleaning fee that is mandatory, this is to ensure that the house is left clean and tidy for you and incoming guests.
- A booking fee of $75.00.
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 15 Dec – 12 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property. ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Bose docking system
- Coffee Machine
- Complimentary tea, coffee and sugar
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven
- Electric oven and hobs
- External clothes line
- Hair dryer
- Heat Pump
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- IPod docking station
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large Terrace Area
- Linen/Towels provided - extra charge
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- NOT Suitable for Boat Parking
- Outside furniture
- Reverse cycle Heat and Air Conditioning pump
- SKY TV
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air Channels
- Stereo with Ipod connection
- Timber deck area
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Walking distance to local restaurants
- Washing machine and airing rack
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
Barry and Lesley were very quick to respond to emails, efficient and friendly. Great property with separate bedroom spaces, enjoyed the views. Close to walk down to the village. Lovely kitchen with everything you need in it. Great large deck with shade.
T Peters - Jan, 2016
The hosts were friendly and helpful. Thank you. The view from the house is superb, and the beds were very comfortable.
Michael - Dec, 2017
The View is a superb location at the highest point behind the township so the views are amazing. The house has everything you need and we enjoyed many evenings eating dinner on the deck. We found the house gets very hot in the afternoons so used the air con pump to get the inside bearable. Beds are comfy, plenty of furnishings, plenty of linen, house has SKY with movie channels & a quality sound system. Zig zag path to town about 2 houses down from house probably not suitable if you have health conditions. Overall a highly recommended residence...
Morris - Dec, 2018
“The home was just as depicted. The rooms were large and the home was very clean. The veranda with its outside dining and lounges was perfect for an afternoon tipple whilst watching the sun go down. The walk up and down to the town center was not for anybody with mobility issues. Recommended for a great stay in the beautiful Bay of Islands.”
Bean - Jan, 2019
This property was ideal for a family weekend - with plenty of space to absorb visitors, and a fantastic view!!
Hindle - Nov, 2019
Book this holiday home
Please select some dates, enter your number of guests and click "Check Availability" to see if this property is available to make a booking.