Overlooking Long Beach, Bay of Islands
COVID-19 IMPACTED BOOKINGS: For any bookings unable to proceed due to NZ government imposed COVID-19 domestic travel restrictions, we will be happy to credit the value of your booking to a booking for alternate dates in the same season as your existing booking or refund you in full where that is not possible.
Stunning views | Spa Pool | Family Holiday Home
Situated in a non exit street, overlooking Long Beach and out across the Bay of Islands.
The cottage is almost hidden from the road in established native trees, which add to the privacy. Only when you get inside, or around the front of the house do you then see the wow factor.
The view is just fabulous! Whether it be from inside the house, the top deck which features an outdoor table, a BBQ on the lower deck also having a small table, if you wish a little space to yourself.
The house is all on one level, with the living room, kitchen and dining area are all open plan, all with views across the Bay of Islands.
From the large private deck looking over the bay to the Islands, you may catch a sight of dolphins, occasionally whales, and many boats. Below is Long Beach, a wonderfully safe sandy swimming or walking beach. This home is only 10 minutes walk down into the village for eateries or the Wharf.
Take a boat trip to catch fish, take in some sightseeing or perhaps to visit Paihia for some more shopping. Also this is a great home from which to explore Russell and the wider Bay of Islands with plenty of land or sea activities for everyone.
Simply decorated but has a nice feel, to experience your tranquil break away. Good mobile coverage. 7 minutes walk down to Long Beach for a swim, dig for pipi or collect mussels off the rocks at low tide.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property.
No gathering/parties or unauthorized/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
1 x Queen and 2 x Singles (can be zipped to make a super king bed)
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||15 December||12 January||300.00|
|High||13 January||28 February||275.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||250.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||200.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||14 December||250.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to a maximum of 4 persons at any one time
- For your comfort the house is a non-smoking property.
- Bed linens and towels are charged at an additional cost of $40.00 per person, this will mean that the beds are made up and ready for your arrival. **If you wish to bring your own linen and towels please make contact before booking.
- Please note that there is a $250.00 departure cleaning fee that is mandatory, this is to ensure that the house is left clean and tidy for you and incoming guests.
- A booking fee of $75.00.
- There is an additional charge for use of the spa pool of $85.00 per stay. We change the water after each guest’s stay to ensure that hygiene levels are kept to the highest possible standard.
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 15 Dec – 12 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season - 2 or 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Cellphone Coverage
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and ceramic hobs
- External clothes line
- Free View TV
- Hair dryer
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Linen/Towels provided - extra charge
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- Mobile phone coverage
- Outside furniture
- Spa Pool:
- Timber deck area
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine and dryer
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
Great little bach, ideal for a family with 1-2 kids. Had everything we needed, nice view from the deck, spa was awesome - even though weather was hot we still had great use of spa. Only a few minutes walk to beach and 5-10 min walk to shops. Comfy beds and pillows and lovely bush outlook from bedrooms.
Mravicich - Jan, 2015
A beautiful Bach with spectacular views and inviting hot tub! Perfectly quiet for a perfect escape. Thank you. Very easy communication and support throughout the rental.
Lunn - Nov, 2017
Cosy property, with a lovely view. Beds comfortable, everything there to make your stay easy. MInor detail would be water pressure in the shower - not too good, however not sure if anything can be done about that. Certainly not enough of a priority to put you off the house!! Helpful friendly host. Lovely to deal with.
Cunningham - Jan, 2018
We LOVED our week in Russell staying here. The views from the back deck were stunning, and the rolling waves at Long Beach made for a great background noise. The hot tub was super relaxing at the end of a long day, too. The place was spotless and had everything my wife, 16-month-old son and I needed for our home base. Russell is a great place from which to venture out, whether you’re taking the nearby ferry to Paihia or exploring the lovely town itself (get breakfast at Butterfish, trust us). We’d stay here again if we’re fortunate enough to return.
Hughes - Jul, 2019
Sunrise View - Russell Bay of Islands Review #29641512 Thank you for such a lovely home by the sea. Russell is the perfect place for us and the location right above long beach and an easy walk to the town is just right for a relaxing holiday. Running and swimming there is wonderful too. We would recommend the round trip walking to Paihia using the Opua and passenger ferries. We will be back. Date of arrival - 24 December 2019
Atton - Jan, 2020
We finished off our 3 week vacation in New Zealand here and it was the perfect way to chill down before heading home. My husband and I have a 5 month old and the property was the perfect place for a baby; we had an extra room to put her down in and the patio/spa tub were perfect for enjoying the view while she was napping/sleeping. Communication with the hosts was great and the property matches up to what you see in the review. Thank you! Date of arrival - 4 February 2020
Davies - Feb, 2020
Book this holiday home
Please select some dates, enter your number of guests and click "Check Availability" to see if this property is available to make a booking.