Tapeka Point, Bay of Islands
COVID-19 IMPACTED BOOKINGS: For any bookings unable to proceed due to NZ government imposed COVID-19 domestic travel restrictions, we will be happy to credit the value of your booking to a booking for alternate dates in the same season as your existing booking or refund you in full where that is not possible.
Superior Holiday Home | Waterfront Location | Tapeka Point
From this holiday home it is possible to enjoy just being here, always something different happening in the Bay of Islands or down onto the rocks. This is a great home from which to explore Russell and the wider Bay of Islands with plenty of land or sea activities for everyone.
The scene changes with the light too and always possible to see dolphins and sometimes whales just a few hundred meters away.
The house has an airy feel about it, with all by-folding doors along the front of the main living area, open plan lounge dining modern kitchen, expansive deck out front, with Spa pool to one side, to further enjoy the views.
For the cooler nights use the open fire, and now to give the house even more comfort we have installed a heat pump. This works in reverse to cool you down, during the hot summer nights.
At one end of the house is the master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and outdoor shower. At the other end is another queen bedroom plus a twin bedroom, serviced by another bathroom.
Also as this end of the house is an entertainment room with
Safe swimming beach one minute away. Russell 2 minutes by car, with lots of restaurants, shops, dolphins, dive, and sightseeing tours in the Bay of Islands etc.
Boat ramp just 200 meters away, fishing rods, and 1 kayak for guest use available.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: For your comfort the house is pet free and is a non-smoking property. The property is not suitable for a boat.
**Please note that the property is on the cliff edge so it is not suitable for young children**
No gathering/parties or unauthorised/additional persons staying at the property, this will breach the rental conditions and you may be asked to depart the property. Our general Terms & Conditions apply.
|Season||From||Until||Nightly Rate $NZD|
|Peak||15 December||12 January||750.00|
|High||13 January||28 February||650.00|
|Shoulder 1||1 March||30 April||450.00|
|Low||1 May||30 September||320.00|
|Shoulder 2||1 October||14 December||450.00|
Quoted nightly tariff is for up to 6 persons maximum.
- For your comfort the house is a non-smoking property.
- Bed linens and towels are charged at an additional cost of $40.00 per person, this will mean that the beds are made up and ready for your arrival. **If you wish to bring your own linen and towels please make contact before booking.
- Please note that there is a $250.00 departure cleaning fee that is mandatory, this is to ensure that the house is left clean and tidy for you and incoming guests.
- A booking fee of $75.00.
- There is an additional charge for use of the spa pool of $85.00 per stay. We change the water after each guest’s stay to ensure that hygiene levels are kept to the highest possible standard.
Minimum stay: Christmas/New Year 15 Dec – 12 Jan minimum 7-night stay at all times. Peak, shoulder and Low season - 2 or 3 night minimum night stay period on non-holiday season times as specified for each property.
ALL NZ public holidays will be charged at the peak tariff and have minimum stay periods. Shorter stays by negotiation based on spaces between existing bookings and last minute requests. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Boat parking
- Breville Expresso/Capuchino machine
- Coffee Machine
- Crockery and cutlery
- Duvet/Pillows supplied
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and gas hobs
- External clothes line
- Free Local telephone calls
- Hair dryer
- High Chair Hire: $10.00 per day
- Iron & ironing board
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Large deck areas
- Linen/Towels provided - extra charge
- Mobile coverage – Vodafone & Telecom
- NOT Suitable for Boat Parking
- Open Fire Place - wood supplied
- Outdoor shower
- Outside furniture
- Outside lighting
- Rear lawn area
- Reverse cycle Heat and Air Conditioning pump
- SKY TV - NZ Free to Air & 1 Sport & 1 Movies
- Spa Pool:
- Timber deck area
- Travelcot Hire: $15.00 per day includes linen and blankets
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine and dryer
- Kayaking in the sheltered waters of the harbor
- Opua to Paihia Coastal walk
- Orongo Bay oyster farms
- Sport fishing
- Saturday and Sunday markets at Kerikeri - 45 minutes north
- Water-sports, diving, snorkeling and surfing
- Yachting and twilight sailing (seasonal)
- Native forests and glow-worm caves.
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Pompellier Mission
- Flagstaff/Te Maiki Hill etc
- Christ Church
- Russell's historic township and once the colonial capital of New Zealand
- Russell Museum
- Big game fishing in the outer waters of the Bay of Islands Adventure park
- Art galleries
- R Tucker Thompson tall sailing ship which cruises the islands
- Walkway from Rawhiti to the historic whaling station (now closed) at Whangamumu
- Walkway from Okiato to Orongo Bay
- Walkway to Cape Brett Lighthouse
- Sunset cruising
- Restaurants' Cafe's Wineries
- Boat cruises around the Bay of Islands
- The 'Hole in the Rock'
- Horse riding
- The Okiato-Opua car ferry
Warm welcome by the property manager. The house is absolutely wonderful and the views over the bay are the best we've seen. Watching the dolphins while sipping our coffee or wine - bliss!
Hester Boerma - Apr, 2015
Lesley and Barry were lovely to deal with, very attentive and responsive to requests and any issues that arose. The setting was magical and the house layout accommodated our large family with teenagers well. The kids loved the spa pool! Very much enjoyed Stingray - the layout of the house was very useful for a family with teenagers. The position and view just breathtaking. We had weka walking over the deck each day which was a treat to witness. The local beach just a short stroll. The house was great value for money. Loved the outdoor shower.
R. Drew - Jan, 2016
Lesley and Barry are reliable and efficient. A magnificent property with stunning views. No direct beach access, it's a 5 min walk to the swimming beach.
R McMurray - Jan, 2016
Dealing with Lesley was easy and everything went smoothly. We had an absolutely amazing time at Stingray Retreat - it was our second time there and we still just can't get enough of this magical property. Not only the stunning position and view, but it is also such a well equipped and comfy home. We had a relaxing and special time there."
R. Bedford - Mar, 2016
“It’s a very comfortable house with an amazing view. Also the house is decorated tastefully. You’ll feel at home right away. The beds and pillows are good and the people managing it are very responsive. Centre of Russell is a short drive away. Plenty of good dining options too. Enjoy”
Glas - Feb, 2018
A spacious house, very comfortable, well equipped, with a terrace overlooking the unsurpassed sea. Highly recommended. Russell is a small story town, with excellent businesses and restaurants and a coastal street to enjoy.
Angel - Jan, 2020
'A fantastic location, quite remote, only 5 minutes to Russell, but the views are outstanding.We had a local Weka as our daily friend, lots of Tui and we viewed Dolphins in our little bay. The house is well equipped. Lesley and Barry are great to deal with and very helpful. A very relaxing location.'
Da Silva - Aug, 2020
Book this holiday home
Please select some dates, enter your number of guests and click "Check Availability" to see if this property is available to make a booking.